I am Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
At times, you may look at being different as a detriment. But I’m here to tell you five big benefits of being different. You should never be different just because. What we’re referring to, is giving voice to your unique self. What other people might consider negative differences can be positive. You just need to live your own life and understand that your differences from others make you unique and special. Incidentally, there are a lot of advantages of being different from the norm. You don’t become a Leonardo da Vinci, Bruce Lee, Steve Jobs, or Oprah Winfrey, and change the world by being a carbon copy duplicate of everybody else.
Here are just five of the many significant benefits of embracing your unique and different self:
1. You find your tribe. Believe it or not, your inherent differences from other people might not be truly rare. In other words, there are others like you; people with ideas, traits, and abilities that aren’t considered normal. When you give life to the special person that you are, others like you, see that it’s okay for them to be different. This can bring you together with some great people. You can form deep relationships and feel accepted and loved by others like you.
2. You might surprise yourself. Imagine that you’re incredibly different from normal people in some way. In this situation, what do you do? You may lock yourself away and hide. You feel better when you’re not reminded that you’re so different from everyone else. Does this sound like a recipe for innovation and creation? It certainly does not. Being the greatest version of yourself is tough when you don’t accept who you are. Your unique view and personality may hold the key to innovative achievement. Instead of accepting a normal life where you let others dictate who you are, how you act, and what you do, flaunt your unique differences in the face of society. You might surprise yourself with how you are received and what you can achieve.
3. You learn to accept the differences of others. This might be the biggest benefit of valuing your own differences. There are so many people on our planet. Who are we to say what people are; good or bad, negative or positive, because of who they are? Accepting that we are all so beautifully different gives you a wonderful outlook on the world. You start to see positive opportunities instead of negative situations. Start caring about who you are as a unique person. Your differences are beautiful, not ugly. This mindset helps you accept that you’re going to meet many people who are different from you. And they are just as acceptable and worthwhile as you are.
4. Small and unique is better than big and the same. How are you different? Have you discovered others who have the same quirks and odd traits? Would you rather spend your time with a few high-quality individuals that understand your differences rather than try to conform to a large group of cookie-cutter people scared to offer the world their unique abilities and points of view? Being just like everyone else isn’t always bad, but sometimes it can limit you. You can stifle your creativity and abilities if you refuse to give breath to your unique nature.
5. It’s fun. Being unique is empowering. Accept your differences and display them proudly. Owning what makes you different from the norm can be a very freeing experience, and one that lets you create a beautiful reality that you only dreamed of in the past. Being different doesn’t make you better or worse than anyone and makes you unique. There is a lot of value in existing outside the crowded, normal, regular group of people. You receive a lot of rewards when you accept your solitary and unique being.
So, start being more of your true self today.
Being different means not following all of society’s norms. Check out our blog post here to read about the societal norms you must break.
I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/contractnegotiations to pick up the free guide to help you negotiate the contract of your dreams.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com