I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
When building a profitable practice, sometimes believing in yourself can be difficult. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything you want. We find ourselves caught up in a slew of obligations, involving everything from work to taking care of our families. In the end, who has time to better themselves? Or are there enough hours after all? If your self-belief is dragging, the last thing you need is to put yourself on the back burner. Why? Because you need self-belief if you’re going to succeed in your life. Thankfully, there’s help.
Keep reading to discover five brain hacks guaranteed to build your self-belief without taking up a lot of your extra time:
1. Affirmations. You’ve probably already seen a lot about positive affirmations. Mostly because they actually work. By writing out several statements to encourage yourself, and then making an honest effort to read them daily — especially aloud — you’ll find after a while, you’ll start believing them. How to make them work with minimal effort: Write them on sticky notes and place them around your house, where you’ll find them. As you go about your daily life, make a point of reading them when you find them.
2. Work your subconscious. The beautiful thing about the brain is that we don’t always realize how much is being processed without our awareness. Put positive reminders around that trigger feeling of confidence and contentment. Won an award? Hang it where you can see it. That letter of condemnation, why not frame it?
3. Journal. We process things better when we write them down. Keep a journal and write about the things you’ve accomplished each day. Add in what inspires you and notes toward positive growth. Reread previous passages to remind you of how far you’ve come.
4. Watch the talk. If that internal voice is what’s getting you down, it’s time to tell your inner critic to shut up and find somewhere else to live. Put a stop to negative talk. Instead, substitute more positive variations on what’s being said. Replace lies with truths about how much you’ve already done, and how awesome you truly are.
5. Meditate. You don’t have to dedicate an hour for meditation to be effective. Taking even 10 or 15 minutes to empty your mind and relax will help you focus inward. If you have a little more time, try a guided meditation, focusing on one of your affirmations for an extra positive jolt.
None of these items has to take long to be effective. The key is to repeat these steps daily until they become a habit. Before you know it, your confidence will rise. Self-belief is ready to open the door to a more productive, happy and successful life.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/contractnegotiations to pick up the free guide to help you negotiate the contract of your dreams.
We were all born with the ability to build and strengthen our self-belief. Check out our blog here to read about the innate power of self-belief.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com