I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
When building a profitable practice, you must have aspirations and goals. You want to know that they matter when you have long term goals in mind. Aspirations give your life purpose and meaning. They are there as you make life choices and participate in certain behaviors. Why? Because having a big picture idea of what you envision your life being like, helps motivate and inspire you. It gives you hope, and hope keeps you moving forward when life gets rocky. You may wonder how aspirations impact your life. You have seen and heard of the proverbial rags to riches stories. A person loses everything and has to rebuild their life. What drives them? It is the desire to reach for something bigger than themselves. This is an aspiration. Having aspirations can change you and your life significantly.
Consider how aspirations will impact you and your life when you choose to dream
1. You gain focus. When you assess your choices based on your aspirations, you gain focus and clarity. You don’t have to bumble about wondering what the next best option is. You will know because it lines up with your future.
2. You become motivated. Let’s say you aspire to be a doctor or a dentist. Now you have the motivation to take your education seriously and study instead of going out to party. Maybe you want to develop a community of volunteers to help low income students with their homework after school. You can feel the energy and motivation to take action welling up inside of you, can’t you?
3. You set your next steps. Now you can set goals that will guide you to reaching your aspirations of a life full of community service, or becoming a social media maven. You can determine the next steps and how long they should take you and work toward accomplishing them.
4. You build self-awareness. As you decide to accomplish your aspirations, you will learn more about yourself. Rewarding things will change as you develop a stronger sense of who you are. You will also stop chasing after those things that will not serve your purposes or are intrinsically rewarding.
5. You will be open to change. The growth of your experiences as you work toward your aspirations will be phenomenal. You may also learn new things about yourself and be determined to head in new directions. Flexibility will become your new keyword.
Set your aspirations to become the person you want to be and achieve your hopes, dreams and goals. The growth you will experience will be second to none.
I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/contractnegotiations to pick up the free guide to help you negotiate the contract of your dreams.
Defining your aspirations is the easy part. Staying focused on them is harder. Check out our blog post here for a few ways to stay focused on your goals.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com