I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
One of the important keys to building a profitable practice is mindset. And within that mindset, it’s thinking big, both in life and in work. Do you feel like your life is mediocre? Are you less than happy with your current state of affairs? Perhaps your goals are too small. Have you ever considered that maybe you could be and do much more than you’re currently demonstrating? Thinking big is your ticket to a new life.
I want you to consider these ideas to help you change your mindset:
1. Avoid contentment. Have you ever noticed that when your life takes a dip below what you consider acceptable, you’ll work like crazy to restore the balance in your life? Avoiding contentment isn’t the same as being constantly dissatisfied. That wouldn’t be an enjoyable way to live. However, if you want to achieve something more, it’s important that you strive to be more. For example, you’ll do plenty to replace your lost salary if you lose your job. However, you won’t do nearly as much to double your salary.
2. Big goals are exciting. Going camping at the state park for your 10th year in a row is fine, but odds are, you won’t be that excited about doing it again. Your first trip to Rome might be another story. Few things feel better than excitement and anticipation. Big goals can provide you with both. If your goals aren’t exciting you, try aiming a little higher.
3. Big goals require real change and growth. Dropping 5 pounds or earning an extra $500 a week requires little change and growth on your part. Losing 60 pounds or tripling your salary will force you to make major changes. If you want to become all you can, you don’t have to join the military; you can just set and achieve bigger goals.
4. Thinking big reduces the number of distractions in your life. If you have something big that you’re trying to accomplish, you don’t have time to worry about the little stuff. You become more focused and mentally relaxed. Having a significant objective in your life makes life simpler and, in many ways, easier.
5. Thinking big expands your world. Making big goals forces you to identify strengths and weaknesses. It forces you to do things you’re not comfortable doing. Your world expands when you become comfortable with things that used to make you feel uncomfortable.
6. Big thinking can also expands your belief of what is possible. You can challenge your limits. You need to view the world in a new way to accomplish big objectives. Imagine the change of thinking required to develop the first airplane or to run a sub four-minute mile. Your goals might not be as grand, but you’re thinking will have to evolve in the same way.
7. You’ll view common challenges in life as much smaller. When you’re trying to make your first billion dollars, a leaky faucet seems like small potatoes. When you plan for the evening as to watch Seinfeld reruns, a leaky faucet can make you think, “I just can’t catch a break.” Thinking big does a lot for your enthusiasm, creativity, and ultimately your confidence. It can also do wonders for your social life. Imagine telling a person of interest that you’re working on a plan to dig water wells in Africa. That’s a little more intriguing than talking about the 240 game you bowled last week. Thinking big is claiming your right to have an exciting and meaningful life.
You can do whatever you set your mind to. You just need to set a big goal and persevere. Change your mindset by raising your thinking, and your life experience will follow.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/guide to pick up the free guide to help you determine the best business entity for your new practice.
Are you having trouble in trying to change your mindset? Check out our blog here on how to develop a healthy mindset to ensure success in your life.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com