I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
When building a profitable practice, patience is key. How does patience help you succeed? People want to succeed in their endeavors. They want to lose weight, or they want to get a promotion at work. Some want to become entrepreneurs while others want to be successful parents. All aspects of success require a measure of patience. Very few people have become overnight successes. Most of the time, the person you see as successful has many years of struggle behind them.
This is why patience is a key to your success:
1. It is more than a word attached to a catchphrase like, “Patience is a virtue.” It is a learned skill waiting for you to embrace. When you see how learning patience benefits you, your family, and your life, nothing will stop you from achieving your dreams.
2. You make better decisions. Giving into impatience during stressful situations can lead to poor decisions. You might react to a loved one or coworker harshly because of impatience, which affects the relationship. Instead of acting rashly, stop and consider what is happening and focus on the present moment. This will position you to make a wise decision based on facts, not emotions.
3. You take back control. When you react to situations emotionally, you lose control of the problem. A lack of control indicates a lack of understanding. Patience gives you the opportunity to take a step back, untether emotions, and choose how to respond. When you combat your self-control, you enjoy the rewards that patience provides.
4. You learn to be more tolerant. Life throws us some curveballs. By mastering patience and growing more tolerant, you can face obstacles with courage and optimism. You will also handle human quirks easier. In essence, you reduce stress and become more resilient.
5. You develop a good reputation. Do you want to be a person that kids look up to? Do you want to be known as a dependable person, entrepreneur, or business owner? Set yourself apart from the pack by mastering the skill of patience. It helps you reach your goals and when you do that consistently, others take notice, and your reputation grows.
Patience takes you down the path of success by increasing your ability to make wise decisions. Additionally, when you take control and learn to tolerate obstacles and human quirks, you grow as a person. Finally, doing the hard work of learning patience, sets you up for building an excellent reputation as a trustworthy person, which brings many more opportunities for success.
I am Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com\contractnegotiations to pick up the free guide to help you negotiate the contract of your dreams.
There are great benefits for your practice when you practice patience. Check out our blog here to find out what those benefits are.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com