I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
Do what you intend to do. Throughout your life, you have meant to do a lot of things. You might have planned to go into a particular line of work, live in a specific area, or become involved in certain hobbies and activities. But everyday life just kind of intervened and prevented you from doing what you’ve always thought you would do. And here you are, still wishing you can accomplish some of the goals and desires you established a long time ago.
Some of the activities you want to do might even come up in conversation from time to time. You start out by saying, “One of the things I’ve always wanted to do is…” Or “I always thought I would…” So how can you stop talking and start doing what you intend to do? What does it take to follow through with your intentions?
These actions and strategies can help inspire you to begin fulfilling your life dreams:
1. Pick your top three desires at the current time. Limiting the goals, you plan to work on will help you succeed. Select those that are the most important to you.
2. Stay focused on those three goals and don’t allow anything to get in the way of accomplishing them. When you focus, you’ll keep those goals on your mind every single day. You might say you eat, sleep, and drink with those few goals.
3. Break each goal up into chunks. Divide it up into smaller mini-goals and enjoy one success after another as you achieve the smaller goals and get closer to achieving your end goal. Breaking up each goal into doable chunks will galvanize you to get started working toward the goal one bit at a time.
For example, if one of your intentions is to travel to Japan, what is every aspect of your trip you must plan for? Your mini goals might include setting a date, gathering finances, deciding where to go, and what you want to do when you get there.
4. Vow to do something that moves you closer to each of your three goals every single day. For example, rather than spend two hours in the evening surfing the web on your tablet, spend one of those hours walking towards one of your many goals.
5. Show flexibility. If focusing on three of your desires at once is too difficult for you to work toward, then choose just one at a time and work on it until you accomplish the goal. Also, be willing to switch from moving one goal ahead to working on another if you get stuck.
6. Change your language. Rather than continuing to state you always wanted to do something, state what you’ve recently done to work towards accomplishing your goals. Use your discussion and language to remind yourself and others of what your intentions are. Now your talk and your actions are both consistent with attaining your goal.
For example, if you’ve always wanted to learn tai chi, share what you’ve done to check into it. “I called the Y the other day to find out when the tai chi classes start and how much they cost.” What a thrill it will be when your next conversation includes, “In my tai chi class the other day…”
Won’t it be wonderful when you start avidly focusing on your desires and actively working to achieve your goals? You have, right now, within your reach the power to stop talking and start doing whatever necessary to translate your intentions into actions. You can live the life you’ve yearned to live and achieve your dreams. Begin today. Do what you intend to do.
Staying consistent with our goals can be challenging. Are you still working on your New Year’s resolutions? Check out our blog here for tips on how to keep your resolutions and goals you set for yourself.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified for Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/guide to pick up the free guide to help you determine the best business entity for your new independent physiatry practice.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com