I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
To build a profitable practice, you have to set goals. Here at five ways to set and achieve your goals:
We all have things we’d like to accomplish in our lifetime. Often, these aspirations are dismissed as unrealistic or outside the realm of possibility. But you can do and achieve anything you believe in. With the right attitude, you can make your dreams come true and experience the fulfilling life you were born to live. With time and dedication, you can find a way to get to where you deserve to be.
Use these five strategies to set yourself on the path that leads to your success:
1. Write it down. You can achieve great things if you put your mind to it. But unless you write it down, your goal will remain wishful thinking. Writing down your goals helps you to crystallize your thinking. Instead of generalizations, you’ll set your goals with clear objectives and an understanding of the direction you must head to experience the new realization of those goals.
2. Focus on actions instead of results. You can control the actions you take on the path to your goals. Focus on your actions, and the results will take care of themselves. When you do, you’ll feel less pressure along the way because your focus will be on the things you can control. Break goals down into small steps. This series of steps will serve as your roadmap. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and notice what’s working and what isn’t. If you continue moving forward and refuse to give up, you will reach the finish line.
3. Be consistent. Once you have a roadmap in place, consistently take action in the direction of your dreams. Things likely won’t go as you planned, but you can adjust your plan as you take action and receive feedback on your progress. Whenever you set a goal, take one small step toward its fulfillment. That way, when you leave a goal-setting session, you’ve already made some progress. This will provide great encouragement for you to continue. If you’re unsure how to proceed toward the result you’re after, get started on the path to the goal anyway. Determine the first step you need to take and then take it. Once that’s done, ask yourself what the next step should be, and then do it. Keep it simple and keep taking one step at a time until your goal is achieved.
4. Learn from your setbacks. There’s an old saying that claims that, “Nothing worth having ever comes easy.” When you pursue anything that’s worthwhile, you’re sure to experience setbacks. It’s how you treat the setbacks that will determine whether you succeed or fail. Learn from these experiences and welcome them as course corrections toward your inevitable success.
5. Celebrating success along the way. When things go your way, celebrate. Every day visualize what success will feel like and celebrate your every little victory. Treat yourself to a reward when you overcome challenging obstacles.
Remember that success is a journey to be savored and not simply a destination to be rich. You have a greater capacity for success than you realize. Within you is everything you need to reach the dreams that are in your heart. Incorporate these five steps as you set and achieve your goals, and success is yours.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent practice owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/guide to pick up your free guide to help you determine the best business entity for your new practice.
Achieving your goals requires a strong work ethic. Check out our blog here on how you can build a strong work ethic to set and achieve your goals.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com