I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
When building a profitable practice, you know how important it is to be influential, but you don’t know where to find the resources to learn how to be influential. There are several resources that can help you become more influential. Use them as a guide to learn, and as a resource to keep your influence intact.
1. Google. Although obvious, you should always start your search using the ubiquitous search engine, Google. One trick that people overlook is to search beyond the first page of the results. You can often find some gems as these webmasters are trying to fight their way to the top of the search engine results. These gems are often resources that are less about selling and more about offering great value.
2. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. This book needs to be singled out, as it is essentially the Bible on the subject. This belongs in everyone’s library and needs to be read multiple times to reinforce the lessons. It is available as a Kindle book, and, if you are a member of Kindle Unlimited, you can get a version of it as part of that subscription. There are even several summarized versions of the book for those that don’t want to take the time to read the entire book, but the book is really easy to read.
3. Udemy. Udemy has several courses related to influence, charisma, and other important influential things. Some of them may seem expensive, but Udemy runs sales on its courses often. You can also search online for Udemy coupon codes, as instructors like to use these to lure learners to their courses.
4. Amazon. Amazon has several books on how to influence. What’s great about Amazon is you can usually tell which books are good by reading the reviews and choosing higher rated ones. Another great way to use Amazon is to scan through the table of contents of the best-selling books in that category and then searching on those topics to see what you can find.
5. YouTube. It’s amazing how many people overlook YouTube when they are trying to learn something. YouTube has videos on just about any subject. You will have to do some digging to weed through the videos that disguise themselves as courses but are really just sales pitches for a product. But there are definitely some great videos that can help you learning how to become influential. Another advantage is YouTube is free for most videos. One tip when evaluating videos: read through the comments and stay away from videos that have high thumbs-down rankings.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and leave without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/guide to pick up the free guided to help you determine the best business entity for your new practice.
Achieving success is one of most effective ways to influence people. Check out this blog post on how to achieve success by thinking big.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com