I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
When building a profitable practice, you may stop and ask yourself how and why should I be more creative in my business? You might think that creativity is something you can’t do. So many people say, “Oh, I’m just not the creative type.” But it is within everyone to be creative and is not just good for the soul to sketch or play with clay or embroider. Make it a priority to develop your creativity in your daily life.
Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes, and it has some unexpected benefits for the rest of your life:
1. Creativity helps you solve problems. Fostering your creativity trains your brain to be more adaptable and flexible in dealing with all sorts of problems. Not just how to get that pot completely balanced and smooth, but how to solve that problem with a work project or relationship or career issue. Being creative takes you out of the linear thinking mode and the confines of regular logic. Options stop being only black and white. Your mind can look at your problem from many different angles and seize potential nuances that you otherwise might miss.
2. Creativity can help you live longer. Surprising, but true, studies have shown that being creative can actually reduce your mortality risk and add years to your life. Making, drawing, woodwork, knitting, or painting all fire different neural pathways in your brain and help to reduce stress and anxiety. Creativity slows cognitive aging and enables you to lead a happier, more fulfilling life.
3. Creativity grows your confidence. Learning a creative skill takes application and lots of practice. You’ll make a lot of mud pies and lopsided pots before you can create beautiful and functional tableware. Mastering your chosen art form helps you develop confidence in your abilities that will overflow into other areas of your life. As you overcome failure and succeed in making beautiful things, you will see that persistence and optimism is the way to success.
4. Creativity is immensely satisfying. There is nothing like starting with raw materials and being able to make something unique from them. Whether you start with a lump of clay, or you make your summer wardrobe from scratch, you know you have the skills and creative spark to make whatever you want. You aren’t dependent on stores or other people’s work. You know you can start with zero skills and learn a completely new skill.
5. Creativity helps you express yourself. Making an artwork or a piece of writing or an item of clothing allows you to make something that is completely yours. No one else can make the exact same thing that you can.
Living a creative life can help you see that whatever you bring to the world is unique and social.
I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to businessofrehab.com/contract negotiations to pick up the free guide to help you determine to pick up the free guide to help you negotiate the contract of your dreams.
You’d be surprised by just how much creativity is vital in your personal and professional life. Check out our blog here to read about the importance of critical and creative thinking.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com