I’m Dr. Hassan, a Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own profitable practices so they can achieve financial independence and live without limits.
Time is the most valuable thing a person can spend. While building and growing your profitable practice, one thing you will realize is how important time is. Seven simple questions will help you free up your time. We all have too many priorities and too little time to do them justice. You can create more space in your life by asking yourself a few questions. Questions are powerful because they focus your attention and generate solutions. You just have to ask the right questions.
Ask yourself these questions and create more space in your life:
1. What are my three greatest distractions? The most common distractions and time wasters are often electronic in nature. Your cellphone, laptop, and television can leave you wondering where the time went. Other distractions might include an annoying neighbor, an organization that requires too much of your time, or frequent headaches. Think of ways to eliminate and minimize these distractions and spend your time in a more meaningful way.
2. Am I making the best use of the free time I already have available? When you do have free time, how do you use it? Consider both the small blocks of time you have available throughout the day and the more significant segments of time that you have free. If you’re waiting for a meeting to start, how do you use that time? Are you using your time in the car as productively as possible? You could use the time to make phone calls or listen to educational programs. Examine all the spare time you have each day and resolve to use it more productively.
3. What are the three greatest distractions I have at work? An overly chatty cubicle-mate might be neutralized with headphones. You can turn off the ringer on your phone. Think of those distractions you face and create solutions.
4. What are my priorities? Make a list of your work and personal priorities. You can’t focus your time if you’re unaware of your priorities. You can focus your attention by reminding yourself of your priorities each day.
5. What are the optional activities in my life? Make a list of everything you do in your life that’s optional. From watching TV to playing softball on the weekends. Some of these activities add to your life in meaningful ways, while others do not. Which of those activities are you willing to give up, to create more space and more time in your life?
6. How can I simplify my life? How many blogs, magazine subscriptions and podcast do you follow? Are they all worth the time? How often do you check your email? Is that more often than necessary? Can you hire someone to mow your lawn, clean your home, or prepare meals? Can you get rid of a few possessions that are taking up time and space in your life?
7. What would I do if I had more free time? How would you spend that time? With whom would you spend that time? If you can identify how you want to spend your free time, you might become more motivated to create more space in your life. Do you lack enough time to enjoy your life? It’s time to set priorities and reduce distractions.
Decide what is most important to you then determine how you’re using your time inefficiently. Ask yourself the critical questions that will allow you to make meaningful changes. Free up your time for your priorities. You’ll be glad you did.
I am Dr. Hassan, Board-Certified Physiatrist and Independent Practice Owner. I help physiatrists start and grow their own independent practice so that they can achieve financial independence and live without limits. Please go to profitablepracticeplan.com to pick up a copy of my book where I outline the steps on how to build the independent physiatry practice of your dreams.
Do you feel like you have enough abundance in your life? If not, check out our blog here on how you can attract more abundance in your life.
Attention, Physiatrists! Stop leaving money on the table. Sign up for the free video series: How To Build A Profitable Practice in 90 Days or Less: http://www.sixtytosuccess.com